A simply marvellous response from Martin Daly, chief technology officer of CADCorp, commenting on the AGI’s response to the Prime Minister (read it here, because you’ll want to).
Loving this AGI letter re OS … with pp-d signature. It takes some cojones to pp a letter to THE FREAKING PRIME MINISTER.
And you know what? He’s absolutely right. The second signature is pp’d. “Yeah, Prime Minister, I want you to read it, but you know what? I can’t actually be there to sign it. Can’t think how I could electronically put my signature on it either. So I got that person in the office who does stuff to sign it.”
Roll on, digital age. But mind you bring my quills too.
- The following posts may be related...(the database guesses):
- Trading Funds report will be released with the budget... and... (11 March 2008; score: 23.33%)
- Show Us A Better Way winner: Can I Recycle It? (10 November 2008; score: 17.82%)
- PDFs are bad for open government, says Sunlight Foundation in US (7 November 2009; score: 14.35%)
- Want to put maps online cheaply? Get a paper licence and scan them (30 August 2007; score: 10.76%)
- In print: Canada's maps go free - but here's more background: it's not so simple (12 April 2007; score: 9.52%)